Below, you will find a list of the events and festivals in which all museums, or a collaborative delegation thereof, participate:
Yearly: Tulip Festival (June), Museumweek (April), King's Day (27 April), World Museum Day (18 May), Open Garden Days (June), Gay Pride (Aug), Canal Festival (Aug), Uitmarkt (Aug), Heritage Days (Sept), UNSEEN (Sept), Weekend of Science (Sept), Birthday of the City of Amsterdam (27 Oct), Museum Night (N8, Nov) and the Amsterdam Light Festival (Dec/ Jan).
WHAT'S ON AMSTERDAM?
• 2016, Amsterdam City of Diversity, Netherlands Chair EU (Q1,2), Europride (Q3,4), 100 yrs celebration of Schiphol, Congress UvA Creat, 40 years UITmarkt
• 2017, Metro Noord-Zuid line, File Mata Hari Public, 40 years International Museum Day ICOM, UNESCO, 100 yrs Finland
• 2020, 350 year celebration of the Skinny Bridge, Amsterdam
• 2025, 750 year celebration of Amsterdam (1275 AD)
• 2032, 400 year celebration of the University of Amsterdam
WHAT'S ON WORLD?
• 2017, opening Polytechnic Museum Moscow, Opening National Museum, Qatar, 'De Stijl' 100 years, Opening the Louvre Museum, Abu Dhabi (and Guggenheim Museum & the Zayed National Museum)
• 2019, Pushkin Museum (Moscow), National Museum of Modern & Cont.Art (MMCA), The George Lucas Museum of Narrative Art, Thatcher museum @University of Buckingham (UK), ICOM Global Conference Kyoto (Japan)
• 2020, The University of Copenhagen (Denmark) opens New Natural History Museum of Denmark, The New Museum for Western Australia, Edvard Munch Museum (Oslo), Beijing's Palace Museum, The Ecology & Planning Museums (Tianjin, China), Saradar ACE museum (Lebanon), Plymouth History Centre (UK), Lebanon Contemporary Art Museum (Beirut), Kunsthaus Zurich (Zurich, S)
• 2021, The Sanbutsudo Hall of the Rinnoji Temple (Nikko, Japan)
• 2022, State Hermitage to open new branch of museum in Moscow
• 2023, Maritime Museum (Antwerp)
• 2025/2026, The Pergamonmuseum (Germany) open